(TRANSLATION FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY)
Article 1 Membership Qualification
“Member” means a person twelve years of age or older who has submitted an application that is, in principle, written by the user after consenting to these Rules and who has been approved for membership by Mori Building Co. Ltd. (the “Company”).
Article 2 Card Issuance and Loan
- 2.1 The Company shall loan one Card (the “Card”) to each Member. The Card may be used only by the relevant Member whose signature is appended to the reverse side of the Card, and that Member may not lend or transfer the Card to any third party.
- 2.2 If a Member cancels its membership or loses its membership qualifications, that Member shall promptly return the Card to the Company.
Article 3 Card Utilization
Points will be recorded on a Member’s Card only if the Member makes a purchase at the Company’s facilities or the Company’s designated facilities (the “Facilities”) or the relevant Member otherwise uses his/her Card and presents his/her Card before making the payment or using the Facilities or the like. Points cannot be recorded after payment has been made. In principle, points are not recorded for the following;
- (1) Purchase of cigarettes and merchandise certificates (gift certificates, postage stamps, revenue stamps and other tickets or coupons) and charging of prepaid cards and the like.
- (2) Use of discount tickets, vending machine purchases, parking fees, payments at events, etc.
- (3) Processing or repair charges, box and packaging charges, shipping charges, various tax deposits, payment of accounts receivable or other duties.
- (4) Purchases at shops, products, duties, etc., designated by the Company as ineligible for points.
Article 4 Recording and Confirming Aggregate Point Total
- 4.1 In principle, 1 point is recorded for each 100 yen (excluding consumption tax) of usage or purchase. Points are not recorded for amounts less than 100 yen.
- 4.2 Depending on the Facility, points may be recorded based on usage of the Facility, frequency of use, etc., other than the amount of the charges involved.
- 4.3 The rate of point accumulation may be changed or points may be recorded without any usage or purchase due to campaigns developed by the Company.
- 4.4 A Member may not transfer or shift points to a third party or combine points with the points of a third party. The points of two or more Cards may not be combined.
- 4.5 Point totals can be confirmed at the HILLS CARD Customer Center and at the participating shops, restaurants, Facilities and website (http://www.hillscard.com), etc.
Article 5 Point Redemption
- 5.1 Recorded points are redeemed for complementary usage coupons, etc., of Roppongi Hills/Omotesando Hills/VenusFort Facilities appointed separately by the Company (“Redemption Goods”), depending on the total points on the Card. Redeemed points are automatically deducted from the recorded point total. Recorded points and Redemption Goods cannot be converted to or offered in cash (including change).
- 5.2 Redemption Goods may only be used by the Member himself or herself.
- 5.3 There may be times when the Redemption Goods cannot be used due to the nature of busy times or seasons, crowded conditions or for other reasons.
- 5.4 The goods available as Redemption Goods may be changed without prior notice.
- 5.5 Redemption Goods are not eligible for the acquisition of points.
- 5.6 Points are redeemable at the prescribed point redemption counter at the Facilities. Those who have completed registration of Member Information set out in Article 9 (which shall require approximately 2 weeks from the point of application), may redeem points for some Redemption Goods at the prescribed point redemption machines at the Facilities.
- 5.7 Members may use accumulated points by participating in point redemption campaigns developed by the Company and also receive special benefits.
Article 6 Invalidation of Recorded Points
If a Member returns merchandise for which points had earlier been granted, that Member shall present the receipt issued at the time of purchase together with the Card, and the relevant number of points for the returned merchandise recorded at the time of purchase shall be deducted from the point total. If a Member returns merchandise subsequent to the redemption of points, that Member shall be asked to return the relevant Redemption Goods. If the Redemption Goods have already been used, that Member shall be required to pay an equivalent amount.
Article 7 Card Loss, Theft, Damage, etc.
- 7.1 The Company is not liable in any way for any damage sustained by Members or third parties if the Card is damaged, lost, stolen, etc. If it is, the Member shall promptly notify the HILLS CARD Customer Center of the incident.
- 7.2 Members who wish to have the Card reissued because of loss or theft shall pay a reissuance fee of 300 yen. In such case, all accumulated points will become invalid, except in certain situations determined by the Company.
- 7.3 In the event of Card damage or embedded magnetic or IC failure, the Company shall, in principle, issue a new Card free of charge to replace the old Card, unless the damage or failure was caused willfully by the Member. In that case, points accumulated as of that time will remain valid.
Article 8 Term of Point Validity
Points accumulated from April 1 of each year through March 31 of the next year become invalid on March 31 of the following year.
Article 9 Registration and Revision of Member Information and the Provision of Information
- 9.1 To affect the purpose of use set out in Article 10, the Company shall register each Member’s address, name, date of birth, sex, telephone number, e-mail address, Card usage, and other information (“Member Information”).
- 9.2 Members shall promptly notify the Company if there is a change in their Member Information.
Article 10 Use of Member Information
The Company shall use Member Information for the following purposes:
- (1) To provide various services concerning the Card, such as calculating accumulated points;
- (2) To carry out surveys, such as for store development, product development, trade area analysis; and
- (3) To provide information concerning the businesses of the Company and its affiliates, information regarding Facilities managed and operated by the Company and its affiliates (including information concerning the stores and tenants of those Facilities), and shops eligible for the acquisition of points. However, the Company shall stop providing such information if a Member so requests. Members who wish to make such a request shall submit it to the place for inquiries described in Article 18.
Article 11 Disclosure of and Corrections to Member Information
- 11.1 Each Member may, except in certain situations, request the Company to disclose its own Member Information. Members wishing to request disclosure may confirm the procedures for making the request by accessing to the Members-only section of the Company’s web site.
- 11.2 If a Member’s Member Information is found to be incorrect, that Member may request the Company to correct, supplement, or delete the incorrect Member Information. The Company shall respond to such a request without delay.
Article 12 Non-consent to Handling of Member Information
If a Member does not fill out all the necessary items on the [membership application form], or later requests any record of such information be deleted, or does not consent to the purpose of use of Member Information set out in Article 10, then the Company may refuse that Member’s membership or carry out procedures to revoke that Member’s membership; provided, however that this Article 12 does not apply to the request set out in Article 10 (3).
Article 13 Assignment of Company Business
- 13.1 The Company may assign the handling of Member Information to a third party.
- 13.2 In carrying out the assignment set out in Article 13.1, the Company shall first confirm that the third party provides sufficient protection for personal information. It shall then enter an agreement with the third party concerning the protection of personal information and take other appropriate measures.
Article 14 Use of Incidental Functions
The Card may be furnished with Edy (an electronic cash function) or other incidental functions. Before using these incidental functions, Members should read the rules for their usage in advance. The Company is not liable in any way for Members’ use, etc., of these incidental functions.
Article 15 Cancellation or Loss of Membership Qualification
If any of the following applies to a Member, that Member will lose its membership qualifications and all points accumulated as of that time will become invalid.
- (1) If a Member requests the cancellation of their membership and the Company accepts the cancellation (the Card must also be returned at the same time).
- (2) If the Company judges that a Member is in breach of these Rules and is unsuitable as a Member.
- (3) If any information the Member has given to the Company is false.
- (4) 24 months following the later of either: ① the day of registration as a Member or ② the last day when points were recorded.
Article 16 Additions or Amendments of Member Rules
These Rules may be supplemented or amended without prior notice.
Article 17 Members-only Section of the Company’s Website
- 17.1 The e-mail newsletter will be sent to the Members who register e-mail address on the Members-only section of the Company’s website.
- 17.2 To use the Members-only section of the Company’s website, Members must agree to the “Website Usage Terms and Conditions”.
Article 18 Inquiries
The HILLS CARD Customer Center responds to inquiries and handles consultations regarding these Rules, membership benefits, and Member Information.
Revised on June 1, 2017
Mori Building Co., Ltd.
P.O. BOX 129
6-10-1 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
HILLS CARD Customer Center
Tel（03）6406-6410 [10:00～18:00] http://www.hillscard.com
(Note: Please read the Member Rules thoroughly before contacting the Customer Center.)